Friday, May 29, 2009

New Pack - Camelbak BFM 500


It seems over the years I struggle over finding the perfect back pack, I can never find one that meets all my needs. I go in the field with my dog so I need to carry more than most folks do, especially water. I've been watching this pack come up through the ranks and then got to get my hands on it a few weeks back. Mine came in yesterday. I loaded it up and wore it around a while so far it feels good and has plenty of room ( I'll let you know after my next search how it is ) this is the new BFM 500, similar to BFM with improvements

You're on a long mission and always on the move. Choose a ruck that will support your extended operation. Choose CamelBak's BFM™. Our largest system, the BFM has a versatile load configuration design that can carry it all. Comfortably. Pack out 2600 cu. in. (42 L) of gear and up to two 3-litre reservoirs of water internally.

Improved Shoulder Harness and back panel for better load distribution and weight reduction.

Fleece-lined glasses, goggles, and NVG pocket with external access.

Lightweight, durable 500D Cordura®

Full Clamshell opening makes adding the MedBak™ Insert quick and easy (sold separately).

Lower drink tube exit ports for under arm tube routing.

Dual ASIPS antennae ports.