Thursday, September 9, 2010

lite my fire!


previously I had shown my new blastmatch for starting fires and yes it works great, but what if you want something smaller that really works well? Look no farther than
Light My Fire Swedish FireSteel Mini, for under $10 this is a great way to start a fire. Of course my first choice would be a lighter but this is a good backup.

Small enough for your pocket, the Light My Fire Swedish FireSteel® Mini magnesium fire-starting tool lasts at least 1,500 strikes!

* Pulling the provided striker or your knife down the 1.5 in. rod emits 5,500°F sparks, which in turn can ignite stove, paper, dry grass or bark
* Fireproof in solid form, tool works just as well wet as dry, for use in any weather and at any altitude
* Includes handle, striker, fire-starter rod and cord to keep striker and starter together
* Approved for use by the International Survival Instructors Association


rei

1 comment:

  1. I recently bought the swedish firesteel army model and I think it's a must have in any survival-kit.

    ReplyDelete